Friday, April 11, 2014

Bohemian Rhapsody

Is this the real life? Is this just fantasy?

Caught in a landslide-- no escape from reality.

Open your eyes....

Okay so maybe this isn't the most boho of outfits I've ever created-- but I thought this title was just irresistible.

So these boho-kimono-sweater things are really in style right now. 
Lol I have no idea what you call them.

But I feel like at least one could be very beneficial for your closet!

I got mine at-- in fact-- my least favorite store ever: Buckle. 
I have this huge thing against blingy hundred dollar jeans that girls think are the cats meow. They're just not. Haha.
But, I had a gift card so, dreadfully, I went in there... and found this steal!
My kimono thing is light grey with a pretty floral pattern and gorgeous beige lace embroidery. 

I've noticed on Pinterest, Instagram, and other social media that's it's super trendy to pair these what-have-you's with a crop top and high waisted shorts.
So that's what I did. 



My crop top is from Forever 21. It's long sleeved and super fitted. I just bunched up the sleeves so that they wouldn't peak through my dinglehopper. (I must admit, this was slightly a bad choice on a typical hot and humid Florida day.)
I created my high-waisted shorts from a pair of boy's Gap jeans from Goodwill. It's always best to get a size or two larger than your waist in boys jeans and then cut them off about 2 inches below the crotch. I'm lazy, so I just fold them a couple times until they look right-- but if you desire, you could play with the scissors and create a grungy fringe or even sew some lace to those babies. 
But...
#aintnobodygottimefodat

My Jesus sandals (Forever 21) are and have been my favorite pair of footwear since age 16 . The soles have fallen off thrice but I have kept supergluing them back on. I am not ready to let go quite yet lol...


This necklace is one of my favorites from H&M... $12.95 if I recall correctly.


I call this ring my brass knuckle-- don't mess with me when I have it on ;) 
You can find a pack of these from Forever 21 for less than five bucks.
My simple brown belt came with a dress I bought at Target last year. 



I went with Kylie Jenner-inspired makeup. Dewy face (got a little too dewy by the end of the day) with rose blush and lips. Matte nude colors on my eyes. 
You can barely see them but I do have super cool earrings on. They make me feel like Miley Cyrus-- in a good way. This one says "Free" and I believe the other one I was wearing said "Joy." They came in a pack for $4  (H&M) with about 10 different inspiring words: Soul, Love, Hope.... in gold and silver. 






Anyway the wind blows, nothing really matters to me ;)



Peace and Love!
- Miranda

No comments:

Post a Comment