Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Girly Grunge

With my new hair, I've been trying different styles to see which vibe suits my current look best.

I can't quite seem to figure it out-- but, I felt like today I came close.

I wanted to go a little more grungy with my makeup-- doing a smokey eye and contoured cheeks.

But my natural fashion instinct always desires a little bit of girly-ness.

So here's what I came up with:





My plaid shirt-dress is from my dear exchange sister Luciana from Brazil. Lu, if you're reading this-- I'm sorry I'm wearing your dress haha, can't remember if you handed this one down to me or just left it here!
I felt like this grey-blue color went well with my smokey eyes and gave the grunge effect I was desiring.

But, to make this look "girly grunge" I relied heavily on accessories.
My charcoal grey bag is from Forever 21. 



If you couldn't tell by now, I'm obsessed with rings. I grabbed several of my favorite gold ones and put them on my non-dominant hand. Layers of rings are really in right now so I figured why not?


My riding boots are from Forever 21 (imagine that)
I felt like boots were a great way to add the "grunge" effect; but also, riding boots are a more girly boot in my opinion. So it balanced out. 


My bronze pearl necklace is from Forever 21. I'm obsessed with long necklaces if I haven't made that clear already. :)


I chose to wear my big, rambunctious, fake pearl earrings-- because, YOLO.


Oh and we must not forget my simple tan waist belt-- came with a dress from Forever 21. Waist belts are great to make something baggy more flattering.


So the moral of today is-- be a little spontaneous with your style every now and then! If you wanna give off a different aura today-- do it! But remember to stay true to yourself too! Balance is everything.

Peace and Love!
- Miranda

No comments:

Post a Comment