Monday, May 4, 2015

DC

So, I went to DC this weekend! My good friend Dessi joined me, and I'm so glad we went.

We were super productive and I had the best food since Italy!! (a great success story, in my book)
We saw all the monuments and walked 14 miles on the first day. (that's a whole meal in burned-off calories, my friend)

struggling, lol


Because a red, white & blue pop was just necessary.



 Check out these gorgeous flowers at Arlington Cemetery. It amazes me that a color that vibrant can occur naturally. 

I think the thing that surprised me most was that things are so. spread. out. 
Like, it's not a walkable city. 
Bikable? for sure. Walkable? Not a chance.
We rented bikes Sunday morning, which was super fun and so much easier than the marathon walking the day prior. 






























After docking our bikes, we went for brunch near Capitol Hill at a place called Ted's Bulletin. Homemade pop tarts and white russian milkshakes. 'Nuff said. 
Walking down 8th street in the Capitol Hill neighborhood.

Okay, so this carousel is really important to me. Fun fact, I was named after a character in the movie, "Chances Are," which is based in DC. Once of the best scenes in the movie is filmed at this carousel (across from the Smithsonian). So, naturally, I had to take a picture for the 'rents. 


The only memorial we didn't cover on Saturday was the Jefferson Memorial-- but, on our way there Sunday, we ran into paddle boats. 


Being out on water is the bestttt. A much needed spontaneous adventure for these Florida gals. 

We also checked out the metro on Sunday… which looked more like Space Mountain or the Men in Black ride at Universal than any resemblance of the good ole' subway here in NYC.
We both found it very interesting that a city could exist without skyscrapers or trash on every corner. 
Mind-blowing, really.






I chose to visit DC mainly because I believe spontaneity is one of the greatest joys in life, but also because I'm on the hunt for a good place to work when I graduate…….. wait for it…… this time next year!

But.
I think. I may have. Been bitten. By the NYC bug.

What can I say? There's nothing like it.

:)


- Miranda

No comments:

Post a Comment